Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski (Audiobook)

Hey Everyone,

I have another audiobook review for you!  This one was a pretty quick one!

From Goodreads:


Contemporary teen fiction with romance, secrets, scandals, and ESP from the author of Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have). 

We weren't always like this.  We used to be average New York City high school sophomores.  Until our homeroom went for flu shots. We were prepared for some side effects.  Maybe a headache.  Maybe a sore arm.  We definitely didn't expect to get telepathic powers.  But suddenly we could hear what everyone was thinking.  Our friends.  Our parents.  Our crushes.  Now we all know that Tess is in love with her best friend, Teddy.  That Mackenzie cheated on Cooper.  That, um, Nurse Carmichael used to be a stripper.  

Since we've kept our freakish skill a secret, we can sit next to the class brainiac and ace our tests.  We can dump our boyfriends right before they dump us.  We know what our friends really think of our jeans, our breath, our new bangs.  We always know what's coming.  Some of us will thrive.  Some of us will crack.

None of us will ever be the same.

So stop obsessing about your ex.  We're always listening.


My Thoughts:

I originally read this one as an ARC back in 2014, shortly after it was first released.  I remember liking it just as much as I did this time around!  I really need to read more of Sarah Mlynowski's books!  I have one more of her's right now, Bras and Broomsticks, that I want to listen to as soon as I'm done with the one I started yesterday!  I read Bras and Broomsticks back during my sophomore year of high school I believe, so it has been ten years now!

Anyway, about Don't Even Think About it!  I really liked this audiobook!  Erin Spencer, the narrator of this one, was super good!  She did the voices great, especially since she put in charge of being over a dozen different characters throughout the book!

I found myself busting out laughing multiple times in the car on my to Student Teaching, work, and school.  When hearing Nurse Carmichael's thoughts at the beginning...OMG that was hilarious!

Mackenzie bothered me at times, just because I do not really understand cheaters.  Why they sabotage themselves like that?  But she really did try to make things work out between her and Cooper.

Tess, I liked a lot.  Being in love with your best friend, and hearing his thoughts, especially the thoughts that Teddy was having... That must suck!

Olivia, I loved how she grew over this book!  The telepathy really gave her some much-needed confidence!

It was really just hilarious hearing all the random thoughts going through everyone's minds!  Mainly, because I am sure that is totally what is going on in people's heads!

Overall Rating of the Audiobook:

I definitely recommend this one!  It is a fun easy listening piece, and will have laughing to whatever destination you're headed!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I read this book a while back as well and really liked it :) good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually my second time, it is just so funny!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick